Sunday, September 30, 2012

Scalloped tape garland

I picked up some great decorative tape that was on clearance at Michaels. It's such a pretty print and I love the cute scalloped edge. 
  
While sprucing up my Master Bathroom, I decided the window needed a garland. The ones I liked on Etsy were too spendy for me right now, so I turned to what I had in my decorating basket. I took some black grosgrain ribbon and that tape and made a little garland.

The paper on the back is similar to contact paper with grid lines.  I measured and cut 6 scallops, took off 2 lines of the backing and stuck it to the ribbon.  I used 2 extra pieces to make each triangle shape.

 I think it looks super cute.  
The print adds a nice pop of color and you can't beat the price :)



We got to wake up to a light dusting of snow today, so our winter is coming quickly.  I'm reveling in the summery brightness of my little projects for sure.

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend.

To see the rest of the Master Bath projects, click below:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3


 Linking to:
I Gotta Try That!Show me what you got @ Our Delightful Home
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House of Grace
 Uncommonly Yours @ Uncommon Designs Online
Share It @ The Winthrop Chronicles
Party @ Organize and Decorate Everything
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home 

 Winter Blues Wednesday @ DIY by Design
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style




Hubby Made Me

button
Becoming Martha


Home is where the heart is. - Link it up! - Wednesdays - HomesteadSimple.com
The Well Crafted Home
 

http://salttree.blogspot.com/
The DIY Dreamer
mop it up mondays

http://debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! Such an original garland! I simply adore it!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very neat...thrifty too:)

    Blessings,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a cool thrifty trick, great idea, awesome pop of color

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of color! Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty little pop of color!
    But....snow? Wow.

    Thank you for linking up at the Wildly Original party.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things party. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...