Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Going Fishin'

Dave and his Dad took the kids on their first fishing trip.  

I stayed home with the 2 little ones while my mother-in-law braved the 36 degree day to take photos of such a momentous day.  







 They got to see an otter swimming way out in the lake

 The kids were all fascinated by the cleaning of the fish.  They opened up the intestines to see what was inside.  A real life biology lesson :)

We enjoyed a whole mess of rainbow trout for dinner and the kids were so proud.  I think we'll be fishing a lot more next summer (or at least the kids and Daddy will)

I'm glad we got the fishing in before the snow comes.  Our temps are steadily dropping every night, so it won't be long before being outside requires full snow gear.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet family and what a fun time! I came over to say thank you so much for your kind words about the kitchen! My poor family ate out of a cardboard box for months! We are so grateful it is finished! Have a beautiful week! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone had a good time. I love to fish, but not cleaning them!

    Found your page from Crafters Dream Giveaway. I am now following you and I look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...