Monday, October 15, 2012

Antibes and French Linen Dresser


This is the 5th Master Bath project I've done. To see the others:
I have a dresser that holds Lydia's cloth diapers and baby accessories.  As you will see, it's really boring and the orangy colored wood is just bleh.  It sits as a centerpiece in my Master Bath and so I decided to spice things up.
 

Ooo, la la ♥
 

Before:

 I decided I wanted the top to be wood a'la Miss Mustard Seed, so I used Jasco Paint and Epoxy Remover like I did in this project

After 2 strippings and an electric sander, this is as good as I could get it.  I really needed something stronger, but in my typical inpatient way, I just went with it. 

I did a dark walnut stain on the top.  The main body has 2 coats of Antibes ASCP and the wicker parts 1 coat of French Linen ASCP.  I just love Annie Sloan Chalk Paint because it bonds to any surface and I don't have to do any prep!!

After painting, I didn't do any sanding at all on the body.  To tone down the bright green, I used Valspars aging glaze.  Put it on heavy and then wipe it back with a wet cloth (the wet cloth did some mild distressing on it's own since ASCP can be "sanded" with water).  I sealed the whole thing with 2 coats of Polycrylic.

Before:
After


The finished product


  

I love how the wood top came out.  It's a little strange, but the effect is a little like a two toned cow hide or leather, so I'm loving it.  It makes the piece that much more interesting. 

 
 


 I hope you like it as much as I do.  I know it has definitely brightened up my Master Bathroom.  Hopefully I can some good photos for you in the coming days so there will be a reveal.  After all the updating I've done in there, I'm actually considering repainting the whole room to warm it up even more (why can't I just leave well enough alone?)

Thanks for stopping in and I'd love to hear what you think!

 Featured at:
mop it up mondays
Blissful Bucket List
five days five ways | because every day is different



Linking to:

Twice Owned Tuesday @ House of Grace
 Uncommonly Yours @ Uncommon Designs Online
Share It @ The Winthrop Chronicles 
Party @ Organize and Decorate Everything 
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home 
 


Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
button
Becoming Martha


http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-6.html
Fresh Eggs Daily!
Liz Marie Blog
 Weekend Bloggy Reading
 
 
http://salttree.blogspot.com/
The DIY Dreamer

31 comments:

  1. this looks great! i love the green. i want to try ASCP because I've heard such great things about it! it's a little hard to get, out here in hawaii... there's a party at my place if you feel like linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the green! my kids would love this
    new -follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it LOTS. The green is GORGEOUS!! And I love how the top came out. I like doing up bits like this and never knowing quite how it will turn out!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Jasco stripper! It is the best. Also adore your makeover. It turned out great! Thanx for partying Miranda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miranda! Another DIY, homeschoolin mama popping over to say hi :) I love this redo. Your color choice is bold and awesome

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That turned out beautiful! I'm a new follower from The Crafty Blog Stalker. :) I'd love for you to link this up at my party. http://www.thelittlegiggler.com/2012/10/love-it-link-it-up-party-23.html

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out just gorgeous - have never tried the antibes green - now I see how beautiful it is
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Afternoon Miranda, I love what you have done with your French Linen Press, it really is lovely now. I have found you via Savvy Southern Style and have become a follower. So I am sending you best wishes from England and as an "old military" wife to a "young military" wife. Take care and have a lovely day. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the top of the dresser and the bright green paint. Stopping by from Somewhat Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just linking up ALL over the place! Very smart, Chica! And I don't blame you because this piece is BEAUTIFUL! I love the texture, how the stain came out, the wicker... everything =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the color!

    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i found you via 5days5ways - i absolutely love it!! i've been on the stained wood top train lately too. i think it just makes such a contrast that it makes everything pop! i luv the two tone effect - i will have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just started back up our link parties and we would love if you came and linked up at The Humble Brag. Each week, one lucky featured blogger will get one free week of advertising, which mean thousands of ad views a day! :) Hope to see you there.
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-3/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks awesome :) I cloth diaper my son, and I have been trying to figure out a new place to store them. I definitely wish I had something like this! I love the color you picked. What is your favorite cloth diaper? I'm a Fuzzibunz fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful - the green is perfect with the dark top and the french linen wicker. Was it difficult to paint the wicker and did you glaze it as well? I have a caned folding screen that I want to paint with ASCP...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, it looks great! Love the colors.

    Hey, I have a weekend link party I'd love for you to join if you'd like:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-6.html

    Thanks, Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  17. The color! The color! I absolutely love it! New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out fantastic! Love the color :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Newest linky follower, great color, I have this green and have not used it yet! A must do now, yours is fab! Hope to see you visit and follow too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks amazing! It's such a great update to a really outdated piece of furniture. The color is perfect for it.

    I'd love to have you link up with my party at The Southern Institute! Do you have a sec to come by and link up with us? Here's the link: http://thesoutherninstitute.com/2012/10/creative-me-linky-party-7.html/

    Follow along to! I think you'd enjoy the blog!

    Blessings,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this transformation and colors. Featuring it tonight at wow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad I'm not the only one who went with a bright green in the bathroom! There's nothing like looking at something cheerful while getting ready in the morning (or doing your business! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Saw this at Elizabeth and Co and fell.in.love!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeousness. Wanted to drop by and thank you for linking up to Mop It Up Monday! You're being featured at today's Tuesday Ten: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/10/the-tuesday-ten_23.html

    Hope you're having a fabulous week!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  25. This piece turned out so beautiful! I love the colour you chose and the finish on the top is perfect!
    I saw you linking at Farm Girl Blog Fest.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a really pretty and bright new makeover--love the bright green, the aging you did to it, and the lovely baskets that fit into the top!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE this! I think I need to start using chalk paint, I hate prep work! I am so following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This post got LOST of clicks at my links party last week, so its now a feature!
    http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/10/flaunt-it-friday-18.html
    Thanks for sharing!!

    Sarah @
    www.blissfulbucketlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Again, so pretty! Thanks so much for linking up last Friday. Hope to see you back tomorrow to link up and see if you were featured or even won the free ad space!
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-4/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday, you are being featured later this evening!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...