Thursday, May 31, 2012

ABC Art


This project was inspired by some wall art I saw at Target in March.  For the ABC's, it had vowels in red and consonants in black.  

I modified those colors to fit with my color scheme.

The bathroom is getting a little update, and art is part of that, of course.  There isn't a theme, but since it's the kids/guest bath, I want it to be more fun and personal.

I had bought this art when we moved in.  While very pretty, the subject felt DEPRESSING and cold to me.  Not good when it's dark and snowy for 8 months out of the year.  
A change was needed.

This canvas hangs over the toilet...such a romantic spot, don't you think?

First, it was painted with 3 coats of latex paint in my favorite pale gray.  I mixed in a little plaster of paris to give it texture (chalky!) and so it would dry faster.

I used simple alphabet stencils from the hardware store and filled them in with art pens.  Pens aren't fancy, but they are quick and easy (no waiting for anything to dry...yes, I'm impatient)


It looks SO much better now in it's special place over the commode 
 ♥
The bathroom update reveal is coming soon
 



There are quite a few projects nearly done and ready for reveal, but I just have to find more time to post them.

****************************

Are you looking forward to the weekend?  I know I am since there are room stripes to paint!!

Linking to:
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Sundae Scoop Party @ I Heart Nap Time
Restyled Sundays @ Stylish Once Again
Creative me @ The Southern Institute Martha Mondays @ Watch Out Martha
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House of Grace
 Uncommonly Yours @ Uncommon Designs Online
Share It @ The Winthrop Chronicles 
Party @ Organize and Decorate Everything 

http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/search/label/Linky%20Party

The Well Crafted Home

http://salttree.blogspot.com/
The DIY Dreamer
Home is where the heart is. - Link it up! - Wednesdays - HomesteadSimple.com


It's OVerflowing

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE you sign! Its going to add whimsy to the wall! Love the colors too! Great job! Stop ove and see the sign I just made and chat a bit:) Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome transformation! I would love for you to link up to my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/06/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. Those old canvas' work so well and the price is right. Thanks for sharing at Restyled Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS!!!!! Great way to re-purpose!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...