Monday, March 26, 2012

Vintage in Altus

We spent some time this weekend exploring downtown Altus.  It's a cute little town.  This is our 4th time here, but I've not spent too much time actually just walking around. 

 This is the city hall.  I love the buffalo statue...you see them all over Oklahoma.
  
I love this statue showing a cowboy roping longhorns


The weather was beautiful and so Dave and the kids followed me in and out of the little vintage stores (such fun!).  There was a great mix of antiques and re-purposed decor, as well as new.  I could have spent hours looking through the approx. 6 stores they have in the area.  The last time I was here, I think there were a couple of stores, but they weren't as well done as any of these.  

There was a definite theme with the colors going on.  Lots of red/orange tones and bright turquoise.  So pretty! 

I absolutely loved this bed.  It wasn't a bad price, but I really couldn't subject the old metal to such a rough ride across the country in a u-haul.

The same store had re-purposed dressers turned into kitchen islands.  The price for each of them was only $450.  They each had a ton of storage and their own special character.  Oh, how I want a kitchen I could use one of these in.

The store also had handmade aprons, scarves and bags.  They were full of fun vintage charm.



I don't know what I'd have done with it, but I really wanted to drag this rusty boxspring home with us.

I really liked the outside of this antique store

My only purchase was made at a cute place that had mostly new vintage style items.  He was only $7 and I just had to bring him home with me.  Let's hope I can keep him in one piece all the way back to Alaska. 

I love small towns and their charms.  I really love supporting the small businesses.  Have you explored any of the smaller towns around you recently?  You just might be surprised at what they have to offer.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy to find your Blog today.
    I loooove those vintage things, too!
    Especially the rusty boxspring.
    I want put it in my garden:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...