Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Home for my Nest project

So where did I decide to put my Nest sign?

This is the spot I was focused on.  I NEEDED something here.  
Ah, but I didn't measure (one more strike against me!)

Aaaand, it doesn't fit.  The curtain rod is hung too high and it hides the bottom half of the picture - On to....would this be plan D?

Yep, plan D.  I think it looks pretty good here.  This is not where it was intended for, but it's sweet nesting spot for my Nest project
I just LOVE these teeny vases

I still wanted something for above the kitchen window.  To the spare room closet I went, where I have a small collection of wall hangings that I haven't found a use for yet.

I found this.  My daughter begged me not to sell it when we moved, so I complied.  The size and shape fits well in this spot.

I was going to pull out the pics and replace them with something "romantic" but the longer I stared at these sweet little primitive farm animals, I remembered why I've had this in my home for over 10 years

With those 2 spots in the kitchen taken care of, my attention turned to that big 'ole empty wall up there.  Back to the closet I went

 I came up with this.  What do you think?

My other option is make a rustic board sign with "simplify" on it, but that's months away before I can tackle something like that (no power tools or scraps around the house yet) -

All together, I think Plan D came out alright.  Flexibility is key with decorating!  The best ideas sometimes don't translate into success, but it's our perseverance that helps it all come together to make our house a real home


1 comment:

  1. VERY cool! I love LOVE your ruffled curtains! Did you make them?

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...