Saturday, February 11, 2012

Immersed

Immersed.  That's the best word I can use to describe my life right now.  

I'm immersed in my kids, their school, homekeeping, decorating and spending time with God.  That latter shouldn't be in last place there, because in many ways, it's actually the thing I think about most and that has most changed my daily routine.  

My life is in a state of re-evaluation as priorities clamor for their proper place.  

I am doing a great Bible Study on James with some lovely ladies from church.  Oh, how I love the book of James.  I've always liked it, but it goes right to the heart of living out your faith.  Refreshing and candid, I cannot look away.

Besides the study, I am keeping a gift journal as recommended in the "One Thousand Gifts" book.  It keeps me in a spirit of thankfulness for even the smallest blessing.

These things have immersed me in a relationship with God that I've been missing for way too many years as "life" took over my time. 
But the Lord has welcomed me back into his presence as if there's been no time lost.  I am humbled by his love for me and the peace and contentment he daily gives.

If you're not taking the time to spend with Him, I urge you to do so, even if it's just a few minutes.  To be with our creator is life-changing, how could it be anything else?

In other news, we're dealing with colds and baby teething, so sleep feels scarce, and tempers a little short.  God's grace is needed and welcome for sure.

Elsa's room update is done and so I just need to find time to post all the pics.  Stay tuned for that!

1 comment:

  1. Tried typing this before but too many typos with a fussy baby; ) Love this Miranda! I have 1 chapter left in one thousand gifts and have also been keeping a gift journal since about chapter 4. my relationship with Him has grown and deepened so much in these past few weeks which in turn has been amazing for my relationships around me, especially with my children and husband. I like how you said He welcomes you right back as if no time was lost. Perfectly said. I have made a point for having a quiet moment mid day ( mornings don't often out with three small children) to sit read scripture and some out of one thousand gifts and doing this has richly grown my love for and walk with the Lord again! It's like a date that I look forward to a lot every day <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...