Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saving Money

Being unemployed for a year with no income put us into a lot of debt.  I'm working on getting everything caught up financially right now and soon will be working doubletime to pay off the debt.  I'm hoping to be completely debt free in 2-3 years (except for the mortgage).  One of the areas I know I can cut back on is groceries.  I'm just not good at being imaginative in the kitchen. 

I found this awesome website yesterday that employs Dave Ramsey saving techniques.  She has 2 e-books that I just bought and they are awesome!  One is a recipe book for low budget crock pot meals (frugal AND easy, gotta love that!).  The other is the tools to help you shop and organize your meal planning.  I'm so excited to try it.  I'm going to get it all set up here (while I have the time) with a detailed initial shopping list.  We have to completely start over with the pantry in AK, so I'll be all ready to go.  Anyone want to join me in trimming down the grocery budget to apply the extra to debt?

Go and check her out!!
GROCERY SHRINK

Another great website (besides Dave Ramsey and Quicken) to set up a budget is Pear Budget  She offers a free trial so you can see if it's a good fit, and then it costs just $3 per month.  I'm signing up today.  We are going to get on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...