Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pretty summer days

We got out of town this week and went to Anchorage for 3 days.  We had beautiful weather the whole time.  2 days were sunny and 70 degrees, and 1 day was a bit rainy and about 60 degrees.  Absolute perfection for us Northwest loving folks.  It felt almost like home.  Best of all, very few mosquitoes!

The flowers were stunning all over Alaska, even on the sides of the road due to the favorable weather and constant sun.  I couldn't help taking lots of flower pictures

Here are a couple of pics of what grows on the sides of the road.  There was also some sort of red poppy-type flower around the highways in Anchorage that I didn't get a chance to get a photo of.

On our way home we got a glimpse of Mt McKinley through the clouds.  I didn't get a photo of it, but it was really amazing.

While my husband was doing the driving, I got to catch up on all my neglected issues of Pottery Barn and Country Living.  

I am now even more inspired, if only my poor crabby baby girl will allow her Mama to spend some time working on the house.  Can you believe Lydia is 2 months old already?  The time is speeding by, so I will try and be patient and not wish even the fussy days away.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I've been "out" a lot, too. Looks like you've been having fun. Beautiful pictures. The colors, all together, are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...