Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ah, coffee and boy do I need it

Well, it seems I've been blessed with a bit of crabby little thing.  Lydia is is a tough one compared to my others. I say this with love because I know it will pass, but she is draining all my energy and I am pretty darn tired.  She was up from 11:30 to 4am last night.  Mostly screaming, or frantically nursing and never being satisfied.  I even drove around for 45 minutes at 2am hoping she'd go to sleep, but it didn't happen.  It was interesting being out in the Alaska dusky toned light at 2am...Land of the Midnight Sun indeed!

I think she has reflux, so we'll head back to the chiropractor Monday for another adjustment and I'm going to give her a homeopathic remedy when she wakes up from her nap.  I hope it helps.  At least she's cute right?



In the meantime, I found this fabulous ICED COFFEE RECIPE from Treasured Up and Pondered - It tastes like a refrigerated Starbucks Frappuccino, but BETTER!   The only things I do different is to mix the condensed milk with the coffee when it's hot to help it dissolve better, and I add about 2 cups of milk to the pitcher to cut the strength of the coffee flavor a bit.  I find I don't need to add anything else to it as it is just pure refreshing deliciousness.
 

My parents are here, my chalk paint has arrived and I'm really hoping to get my paint projects done!  I'm pretty sure it will work out, but today I can't see past my exhaustion.   More coffee please!



3 comments:

  1. Oh boy I hope things improve with the little one. Now days you have more options on what to do I would think and hopefully something will settle her down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets better - do you have one of those sling things to carry the baby around in? And swaddling her might be helpful as well. Putting her down with a warmed blanket or rice bag on her tummy might help as well.

    We had a colicky baby and she was so cranky for about 8 weeks - then suddenly, she was sleeping through the night and smiling at us...good think because we were about to give her a tiny tambourine and give her to the gypsies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps a coffee lay-off is in order. I pray you get a nice nap while the folks are visiting. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...