Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas decorating...


I didn't do as much decorating for Christmas as I did last year.  I kept it simple.  But the stockings are hung, the tree is trimmed and the house is being deep cleaned systematically, room by room.  By the end of the week, my house will feel super spiffy and ready for company.

Looking back on my pictures from last year, my living room has really changed!  For the better I think.  Take a look if you get the chance. :) 

Here is the stocking and nativity area.  I'm really liking this arrangement.

 

 And the stockings.  I talked last year how I bought all the stockings about 5 or 6 years ago, but had purchased seven of them for when we had the rest of our kids.  
Now they are a completed set.
 
  
Next to the tree on the buffet, I left the "Gather" banner up.  I figured it was just as appropriate at Christmas as it was at Thanksgiving.  Besides, I just love it too much to put it away. I have our first advent "wreath" there in the foreground...I'm still working on implementing that into our tradition.
The Tree


The Entry area

 I bought this little sign at JoAnns.  It's a little small for the wall, but the color packs a big punch.  Besides I didn't have to make a new hole in the wall, I just switched out what I had hanging there (I'm all about quick and easy).

Did you notice the lampshades in the living room??  There will be a tutorial and reveal coming later this week on those!



I did a small update in my bedroom.  I just switched the bedding and changed out the shams and throw pillows.  It's mighty fun changing things up.  The kids are calling it my "new" bed. ♥

 I'm loving this homemade sweater pillow.  I got it at a consignment store in Washington.
 A furry blanket at the foot of the bed.  Linen duvet cover and shams (I got the set for 75% off! Targets Shabby Chic line).  The cream shams I bought at the very first "Barn House" sale in Washington quite a few years ago.  I still love them.


My husband is deployed until the beginning of January, so my sister and kids are coming for a visit over Christmas.  I'm very excited.  We won't have many projects to get caught up on this time, but I'm sure I'll find something decor related to get her help with.  She's my rearranging buddy, so I will be utilizing her for sure.

I'm also planning to merge this blog with my family one at some point.  Keeping up both has been too hard for me.  I've struggled with how to make both blogs appealing when merging home decor, homeschooling, birthing, family, etc....  But I think it's worth a shot.  I just have to decide which blog to merge into and the style I want to pursue.  If you have any thoughts on that, I'd love to hear them.



3 comments:

  1. The place looks lovely and not overdone!Homey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your Christmas decor, very simple and elegant. Sometime people go over the top with it and it becomes chaotic! I also love your bedroom, it looks like a hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear your sister is coming I remember that summer photo of the two of you and you looked like twins practically. For someone with a house full of kids your home is in such nice order and I know this can't be that easy to maintain. Have a fun visit with your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...