Friday, September 23, 2011

A skirt as a doily?


I have a new table cover.  My Mom has always called these dainties/little covers, Doilies.  

What a dumb name, but there it is.  That's what I call them too.  So, here's my new DOILY.

I was cleaning out my old clothes and was putting some away for donation when I came across a maternity skirt I don't need anymore.  I decided that I should keep it at least for the fabric.  But then I had an epiphany to try it here:
I think the uneven width just adds to it's interest

I love the gauzy nature of the fabric

and the way the skirt flounces over the sides


So when it comes to your decor, think of re-purposing and think outside the box; you just might find something special!



I am almost to 100 followers, so I'm planning a little giveaway as a thank you.  Be on the lookout for that coming in the next day or two!!


Linking to:




3 comments:

  1. Well this is a great idea, repurposing I think they call it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on almost 100 can't wait for your giveaway! That lamp is way cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love the fabric, and I never would have thought of doing that! As much as I don't like to sew, I think I could even manage this one:) Thanks for the great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...