Sunday, August 28, 2011

One year ago

We've been here in Alaska one year ago today.  In some ways, time has flown.  In other ways, it feels like we've been here forever.  We've redecorated and furnished a house, dealt with financial hardships and quite a few health issues, struggled through a pregnancy, added a new little one to our family and we are still standing strong.

I'm not sure what the future holds, but I'm working to hold on the peace and contentment the Lord provides me every day.  Neither of us feels like this is our forever home, but we don't know God's plans for our lives.  It is truly wonderful to be able to rest in His arms, knowing that His ways are higher than ours and that He loves us beyond what we can imagine.

Jeremiah 29:11  
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...