Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Red Flag AK

I've been MIA a lot lately.  I really am just tired.  I have no desire to blog or even hang out reading my favorite blogs.  I think I'm more in resting and nesting mode, so I probably won't be motivated to blog more frequently until the baby gets here and we're all settled in together.  I am feeling well healed from my surgery, so we're all ready to go!  I'm almost 38 weeks now, but I expect her to wait to come for another 3-4 weeks.

Even so, I'll go ahead and post some pics of the nice days we've been having.  The weather is quite nice here, hovering usually in the mid 40's to mid 50's.  The sun is shining brightly and the days are LONG.  It didn't get dark here last night until 11:30pm!  About 9:30pm, we close the house down so it starts to feel like nighttime, but the bright light keeps peeking through the blinds.  I think by late June, it's almost 24 hours of sun.  What a weird existence this is here in Alaska ♥


Last week was the ending of Red Flag, an international training program that is held yearly here in AK.  Lots of fighters taking off and landing makes for fun viewing for the kids.  On Tuesday we went to pick Dave up from work and were able to watch 23 fighters (a mix of F-15's and F-16's) land.  So Friday, we got up early to catch the last day of Red Flag.  We were able to catch 15 of them taking off
 Pure joy was radiating from this boy
 ♥ ♥ ♥ Can I love this picture enough? ♥ ♥ ♥
Elsa and Ephraim hung out in the car to avoid the loud noise of the afterburners

 The training missions require refuelers to keep them going for such long periods of time


We had a good day, and seeing Adin so happy was more than worth my getting us all up super early

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...