Monday, April 4, 2011

Adin is 10!

Goodness, I know I say this every year, but where has the time gone?  My oldest baby is 10 years old!  He's only 8 years away from adulthood now :(.  I know we have a lot of other kids running around here, but his babyhood is the most memorable and poignant for me.  It's incredible to think that 10 years has gone by since I held his sweet little baby body against my chest.  Amazing.

We had a small little celebration yesterday for him (his actual birthday is the 3rd)

The main present he wanted was Axis and Allies 1942 edition

They played it all afternoon, and I think the game will be going on for days now
 The kids also skyped with grandparents and cousins during the evening.  
It was kind of tough for all of us to be missing the extended family during this birthday celebration.  
Adin is the first grandchild on both sides, so it felt especially sad to be missing everyone.  Lots of thoughts running through our minds for sure.


  Adin chose to have pizza from the Great Alaska Pizza Co.  Delicious!  He also chose to watch The Final Countdown while we ate.  Interesting concept for a movie for sure.

This was the only cake at Fred Meyer that had an airplane on it, so we went with it, haha.
Here's one of Adin and I.  I would have put a better pic in there, but I don't have one unfortunately.  Elsa took this, and since it was 10pm, I guess I allow that we just look tired.  Look how tall this kid is now!


 Happy Birthday my son!  I am so thankful God chose to bless our family with you ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...