I covered the wood wreath with cotton yarn and then tied it to the frame with the same fabric I used in this project. It's really better than lace for me. I have had the 5 yards of fabric for 10 years and am finally using it!
I got the frame at Ben Franklin (a craft store) in the clearance area as a damaged item. I spray painted it, but there were some areas in the upper corners that were not easily fixable. I'm all about easy, so I just ruched up and hot glued more of my fabric into the corners
I made the little rosette with instructions from Jami at Freckled Laundry. It was not as easy for me as she makes it look. The "flip and wrap" stumped me for way too long...my crafty gene is missing. My rosette has it's own little personality I guess.
In the center of the wreath, I added a fabric covered "L" for the name I think we're going to use for our new girlie. If we change our minds, it only costs $1.70 to switch it out, haha. I totally should have used mod podge rather than hot glue to adhere the fabric (it would have been way smoother), but I was feeling lazy
And the little button I found in my sewing basket (from an old shirt I think)
I really like the way it all turned out
It goes well on this wall. Soon there will be baby items all over the top of this dresser, but for now, it's looking good and organized
My progress on misc projects has unfortunately been slowed lately by some pre-term contractions, so I'm needing to take it easy for the next few weeks until I'm far enough along for this little girl to be safely born (at least 7 more weeks). I have little doubt I'll make it way past that mark to 41 weeks, but just in case, we're being cautious.
Thanks for looking! I'm linking to: