Saturday, March 19, 2011

St Patricks Day

I was going to title this post "Happy St Patricks Day", but since it's 12:30am here on the 19th, I'm two days late.  Bummer deal.
We had a good St Paddys Day.  I made the typical corned beef and cabbage with new potatoes.  Next year I'm going to brine my own beef and avoid the nitrates.  I did make our soda bread though instead of buying it.  And the recipe didn't work out (don't you hate it when that happens?)  Next year, I have a different recipe I will use.  Live and learn I guess.

I didn't get any pics of the celebration (we finished off with choc chip cookies and mint chocolate chip milkshakes), but I took a couple of our celebration window area.

Last week I finally took off the Christmas window decor.  But you can see here that we have:
Snowflakes
Homemade snowmen
Valentines
Easter
St Patricks Day
 Yeah, we like to party around here.  Oh you can also notice in this photo our pumpkins from halloween are still on the porch.  They are frozen there...I figure we'll throw them out in May.  "Long Live the Great Pumpkins!"


 And the snow is surely melting off.  The sad part was seeing our snowman lose a few of his teeth earlier in the week, but then on Thursday, he lost an eye. :(
I suppose he's had a longer lifetime than most snowmen.  He was made when my parents were here in October.  After our big snows, the kids and Dave go out there and dust the excess snow off him so we can see his smiling face out the window



Despite the thought of missing our snow guy, I am still giddy for spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...