Thursday, December 2, 2010

Papa and Nana Visit

My parents were able to come here to visit us for 2 weeks over the Thanksgiving holiday.  They came armed with plans to help me finish up the house repairs/redos.  We spent the time they were here visiting and doing some fun stuff, but also...fixing sink leaks, rehanging cabinets, caulking, redoing the laundry room organization and adding a pantry and also cleaning up and organizing the garage.  We got a lot more done than that, but I'm sure you get the gist.  My Dad is a handy guy and took on my "Dad-do-list" with gusto.  I'm so thankful for them.  My house is looking great and we had a good time on the side.

Due to a freezing rain storm, we were unable to get out as much as we would have liked, but we still made it to a couple of places.

We visited the ice sculptures that will be displayed for Christmas in Ice

 It was about 5 degrees here (warm compared the -30 is has been today)

When we went to Christmas in Ice, they were still working on the scupltures.  I think opening weekend is the competition.  It was about -5 this day, and oh so cold!  We're not yet as tough as the locals!
The carvers are in full action here, but we were focused on letting the kids ride the slides and then warming back up!

The awesome slides
 My mom even went
 The super steep side.  Isaac and Adin loved it.


Even little man wanted to try
Expand this one...his eyes were shut tight.  He was not a fan. 

 And the fun Ice Maze

And just to see the cold beauty.  I love it in many ways.  But it is unforgiving and leaves me in awe.

Of course we had to visit the Santa Claus House.   We met Santa.  He is the most authentic and also the kindest Santa I have ever seen.  Truly amazing.
 
 

And the kids in front of a stunning nativity that is at the House 

I'll be posting a couple more times with Thanksgiving and snow pics, but I think this is enough for now. 

Thank you Mom and Dad for taking the time and energy to experience this area and see our home.  We love you!





1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing those ice sculptures! Very, very cool. Hey, if you guys get a chance, you should take your family to Chena Hot Springs. They are amazing, especially when it is so cold outside. There is a pool for the kids to play in too. Of course, I just remembered you're prego, so you probably can't do real hot... Just an idea though! Glad you're having fun with your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...