Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gray Wisp in the Master

I finished up painting the Master Bedroom on Wednesday.

After sampling different paints in the room, nothing was floating my boat, so I decided to go with a gray/green in the color everyone seems to love; Silver Sage by Restoration Hardware.  Lowe's couldn't get the paint combo, so I asked them to use Gray Wisp by Benjamin Moore which is reputed to be nearly identical to Silver Sage. 

The Valspar paint worked really well.  The color?  I'm not so sure about it.  It's staying for sure (because I refuse to repaint), but it's MUCH more green then I expected.  I was hoping for a little more silver/gray tone.  But oh well. 

The trim is painted in Dover white and I think the combo of the 2 works well to have the room feel peaceful.  It's actually a hard color to capture in pics, but I've tried.  It changes with the light.  The pic below is the most true to how I see it daily.

As if it wasn't obvious already, my room is not at all done.  I don't have a bed frame or boxsprings yet.  I still need an office organization cabinet for my side job of typing property appraisals.  The nightstands still need to be painted white.  The dresser needs to be painted gray/blue.
Since my daughter is the only child with a mattress just yet, the older boys sleep on her floor on lots of padded blankets.  The small boy sleeps on our floor here
Nice huh?  We're making do though. 
Here is what the room looks like during the day

Besides the furniture issues, I'm waiting on 2 sets of THESE DRAPES in Ivory!  I had a gift card for Pottery Barn, and what better way to spend it than on high quality linens?  I would have loved bedding, but that wasn't needed as badly.  I'm hoping to have a completed room by next month, wall hangings and all, but since the entire house is needing painting and decorating, I have to pace myself.

On Tuesday, the painter will be here to paint the vaulted living room (I'm not brave enough to tackle that myself).  I'm planning to use Zircon by Sherwin Williams like Kristin did at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia   I'm hoping it works well in the room.  I'll post pics in a couple of days. 

Sorry for the inconsistent blogging.  Eventually, I'd like to be a nearly daily blogger, but life these days is far too busy to accomplish that.

3 comments:

  1. I love silver sage!!! It's perfect for that room! I just painted my craft closet in it (post coming tomorrow)
    I think zicron is the perfect grey you could use anywhere! If my husband would let me I would paint the whole house with it :) If your too afraid of it though there are a few other colors I would suggest. I blogged about them. I'll search for the link tomorrow.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I don't think it's so much that I'm afraid, but it's risky to use a gray for an area that is missing it's Sun for 3-4 months a year. I'm going to do it anyway though. I want a scandinavian feel to the room and I think this will do it. And it looks awesome with black and white. It seems to be a brighter toned gray rather than gloomy gray and I think it will be perfect.

    I'd love to see your other suggestions too. I have 2 bathrooms and a guest room to choose colors for still!! Can't wait to see your craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paint color is perfect, great choice! :-)

    Have a wonderful week!
    Big hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...