Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Adventures in painting

Due to the 2 kids, 3 dogs and 1 bird that the former owners housed here, the entire home interior (barring the ceilings) needs repainted.  I'm working out the right paint colors for each room.  It's a bit of a torturous process for me.  Especially when I think I have the right paint, only to get it home and it's ALL wrong for the light in that particular room.  My house looks like a bad patchwork quilt right now...


Mostly I've bought samples, but I have one gallon of pale yellow (what was I thinking?) that needs to go back to the paint store (for the second time!) for more darkening.  It was for the Master Bedroom, but is now destined for the laundry room. 

Anyway, the trim and doors in the master bedroom has been painted Dover White by SW (Valspar paint version) and the walls are becoming Benjamin Moore Gray Wisp tomorrow (Valspar once again).  I'm so excited to see the results.  Hopefully I'll have some good pics up for you in the next 2 days.  My bedroom won't be "done" until our bed comes in next month (a whole 'nother story), but I can do lots of progress posts right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...