Saturday, September 18, 2010

A little stressed, a little tired, a lot overwhelmed

The chaos has gotten to me this week. I've bit off more than I can chew and I'm so tired.

The painter FINALLY finished painting on Thursday night.  He never got to the door I wanted painted white, and was planning to come back on Saturday to START it and to hang the lighting.  I decided to save the money on him painting the french door and do it myself.  At the same time, I decided to also paint the front door. 

Oh, I'll just get a coat on each, and then clean up the house and get the furniture put back in place, then type some files for my side job.....etc.  Needless to say, I was up until 3am. 

If everything had went well, it would be no big deal.  But it really didn't.  That french door is a PAIN to paint.  It's metal, and I'm really struggling with all the crevices.  I'm doing both inside and outside of it and detail work is not my thing.  It has since had one more coat applied.  I'm thinking about leaving it a bit distressed and just doing one more clean coat.  And being done.  If it was going to be perfect, I think it would need 4-5 more coats and I just don't have it in me.

 
Next: the front door was being painted black.  Right away, I realize the color looks very green.  Not pretty and not what I wanted!  Ewwww.
So I called Sherwin Williams and they said it was just a greenish base and it would be black by the next coat.   So I did another one.  It was still green, just darker green.  I took it back today and they said it was truly green and they apologized and replaced it with a real black.  So, the door is well primed and will need 1 to 2 more coats to make it fully black.


In the meantime, I have unfinished projects and disruptions and disorganization surrounding me.  And I'm tired.  It's just not a good combo.  Next week will look a lot better because I will have a handle on most of this.  But today.  It's a lot.  Maybe I need some chocolate...lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...