Monday, April 19, 2010

We are Nomads now

We left yesterday.  It was hard.  I cried a lot.  The kids cried, my sister and her kids cried.  It was sad.  I took one last look around the house and property and then we left. 

We had some gift cards to Burgerville and since there aren't any once you leave the Northwest, we decided to stop for a quick lunch and milkshakes there.  It was a nice neutral place to say goodbye to my sister.  The kids had a hard time, but it was a good distraction.



We so meanly left Ephraim sitting in the van
My sis and I.  Lack of makeup was a good idea on this day, or I would have looked worse



And off we went.  Driving through the gorge and watching the Columbia River flow along the road beside us was healing.  God's country is beautiful and I'm thankful to be able to experience it this way.  Even through the sadness of leaving, there is the excitement of being completely free of life's stresses for now. 

In 6 months, we'll put down some more roots in a new place.  We'll keep those roots shallow to allow flexibility for where God would lead us, but I'm already looking forward to consistency.  I don't think I'm made to be a permanent nomad.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna be a Nomad too! But like you, I'm sure it wouldn't last long. Poor Noah looks so sad in that first picture :(. You guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...