Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quick Road Trip

We made a quick overnight trip to Anchorage this weekend.  Dave had a retirement party to attend on Friday and I couldn't resist the opportunity for a Target visit.  

 The kids were good sports and we had a really good time.  700 miles of driving over 2 days is a lot, but I think it was still worth it.

 The drive was absolutely gorgeous and for the most part, we had great weather.  It felt like the final farewell to fall and now I feel a little better prepared to greet the coziness of winter.


When we made it back into Fairbanks, we stopped and grabbed some pizza and just had to buy some autumn flowers for my counter. So pretty!


I came back home with a few miscellaneous items, but I'm especially happy with my new rug for the garage entry.  It's nice and big and it adds a lot of interest to my hallway.  

Love the irregular chevron striping.  It's so fun!


Today we're just watching football (Go Seahawks!!) and enjoying our new wood stove.


I hope you've had a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...