Friday, April 26, 2013

Wild West Alaska

While in Anchorage I usually do quite a bit of shopping, even if it's just browsing.  This time the kids and stopped at an antique store that had some really nice things, but I didn't find anything I "needed" to bring home.  
 (That visit also brought an encounter with a very disturbing Cockatoo who came out of nowhere and scared the wits out of Adin and I, but maybe that's a story that would be better not re-lived...it still gives me a chill to think about.  I think it was a guard Cockatoo, if there is such a thing).  

We went to a fun store called Ozarks that has absolutely beautiful things, but most of their prices are so outrageous, there is really no option for me to spend...kinda like when I go into Nordstroms to look around.  This is the third time I've been into Ozarks and I've never even been greeted by the people working there...maybe it's an Alaskan thing?!  I think if they were more friendly, I'd find something to buy 

Despite all that, it is a simply gorgeous store that I could spend hours in.  Here's some eye candy from their lovely shop.

Goodness, if only I'd have had an extra $600 (if my memory serves correct) to bring that pink beauty home.

The highlight of our whole trip to Anchorage had to be the quick stop we made at Wild West Guns...right before they closed for the day.


We have faithfully watched Wild West Alaska since it started.  We enjoy the silliness (Alaskans are so weird, which is why we love it here) and of course, all of the amazing guns.  We have to filter some of the scenes, but it's mostly kid-friendly programming.   

The kids were in awe to be in the store.  The staff was so friendly to us!  I loved that some of the staff open carry their guns...awesome.   
When Bryan heard the kids were excited to meet the cast, he and Ken offered to get a photo with themThe lighting wasn't great, so the photos are crappy, but they're still a great memory. (Ken is a nut, and we were all so thrilled to see his trademark fox hat)

In true Alaskan style, Bryan even made us a cash deal for the souvenirs we bought.  Awesome!  

 If you haven't seen Wild West Alaska and would like to check it out, click here for the link.
 

1 comment:

  1. Good day! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
    My website covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from
    each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an
    email. I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!


    Look at my webpage; how to lose weight quickly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...