Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oliver Twist ~ A Book Review

 What is not to like about Radio Theater?!  I was thrilled when I got the chance to review Oliver Twist for Tyndale House Publishers.

 http://files.tyndale.com/thpdata/images--covers/500%20h/978-1-58997-713-6.jpg
I want my kids to love reading as much as I do and having never read this classic story by Charles Dickens, it was my perfect opportunity to introduce them to classic literature.   


This whole production was such a pleasure to listen to.  The voice work is amazing and we were all transported into Oliver's world as we sat in the living room together.  We've spent many days listening for about an hour at a time and though some of the information was hard to hear, it began many discussions on poverty, treatment of the poor and children and also the traditions and human behaviors during that time period.

I really hope to acquire other books done with Radio Theater by Focus on the Family.  It's a great way to expose my children to the classics in a delightful way.  The kids have to use their imaginations and learn to truly listen and process information without the help of visual stimuli.  Oliver Twist is an awesome story, beautifully done.  You would never regret spending your time listening to such a beautiful book.

My thanks to Tyndale for giving me the opportunity to review this.

 In exchange for my honest review, I received a copy of the cd's from Tyndale House Publishers 




1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Miranda,Oliver Twist is such a good read....as you say, it makes us appreciate what we have today. I love reading, but when I am cooking or ironing I love playing to audio books. When my daughters were little and they went for their afternoon nap, it co-incided with Radio 4's Woman's Hour, which amongst other things always included an audio story. It was a little Me time, which I loved and still do today. There is nothing like a good story and by introducing your children to audio books, they will grow up to love them. Have a lovely day today. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...