Friday, November 11, 2011

DRUMROLL PLEASE.....


Living room before:
 
Gorgeous yes, but no real floor space or wiggle room (necessary in a home with 5 kids)

 

After the enormous sofa left yesterday

We found a great deal on the sofa and love seat.  It was 1/4 the price that I paid for the curved sofa, but nearly the same price I sold the sofa for, so it was a wash.

AFTER:

 I'm finally able to fit my pretty chairs in the actual living space

 The color is called "steel blue" but with all the gray I have in the house, it pretty much comes off as charcoal (I ♥ it!)
 

I had to adjust the tones in the dining room to match (the yellow and pink just didn't look right, but the pale red and grays do.
 

New pillows from Ikea that I brought home with me (♥ these too)

With my leftover funds, I'm planning to get a ladder style bookcase to go on the wall behind the floor lamp.  Eventually I think a leather rectangular storage ottoman would be great instead of the round table, BUT no one else in my family agrees, so this coffee table is staying for now.

I'm loving all of it. 
  
What do you think?




3 comments:

  1. Love the new couches! It looks great! I am so happy you found me, we have so much in common! I replied to your comment already, but I really hope you make it down to Anchorage at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful :)! Love your dinning area & your little birdhouse is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the in 50s today in Virginia and I thought it was chilly!!!! I can't comprehend -55. God bless you and stay WARM!!! Autumn is still my favorite months and I hope you enjoyed a beautiful autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...