Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

We had a good Valentine's Day today.  I tried hard to relax and just be there for the kids, not being distracted by all the "stuff" I had to do today.

They got packages from both grandparents with treats and cards and little gifts, and even drawings from their cousins (thanks Emma, Caleb and Joshua!).  Dave got them each a pack of candy hearts...we had to laugh at all the updated lingo the hearts had on them (LOL - U GO GIRL - EMAIL ME, etc.)  My kids have no idea what all that means.  They loved reading each heart though and it was funny hearing Ephraim running around saying "You go girl!" Hahaha.  Too funny.

For lunch I tried to do something creative.  I found a recipe from the food network for wheat crepes with yogurt and strawberries.  I didn't have any strawberries, so I substituted M&M's.  I'm such a nutrition freak aren't I?


Complete with pink milk (only 1 drop of red for 3 cups, though it killed me to put it in there)
 They were thrilled and surprised
 Complete silence during the meal is always a good sign

Yes, it was a good day.  I hope your family had a great one too!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, LOL cool to see the family together. had a laugh at the kids shoveling down! I also do these with the girls, but heres an idea... (my kids love it) So make the crepes, say... 2 per person, spread some nutella on half of them(so for 10 crepes, spread goodness on 5) , and then add slices of banana and/or strawberries on the smeared half, then, place one plain over top and fold in half... I decorate with whisps of choco or nutella again :)
    The kids kill for it, and theyre healthy! :P

    Thanks for sharing your family blog, and thanks for visiting mine!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks YUMMY!! I like the idea of merging your two blogs - but I guess it depends if you want to share your family life.

    I don't know how you manage TWO blogs!!! I'm in awe!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...