Saturday, February 19, 2011

Antiquing

I decided to get out of the house by myself and check out some of the local antique stores today.

Now, I personally don't usually like antique stores.  Where I'm from, there are a lot of cottage/remade type stores that aren't quite thrift and aren't quite antique, but are somewhere in between.  And we have fun sales, like the Barn House and many others that are similar.  It's a great atmosphere for my personality (and most of us bloggers, it seems).

But I haven't seen anything like that around here.  So I tried the antique stores.  They had true antiques in there...for very high prices.  I went to 4 different ones.  I was kind of nice.  Not that fun to tackle by myself (I miss my sister), but good to get out and see what's around.  There were a couple of areas with rusty stuff that know Funky Junk Donna would have loved.  There were even some skeleton keys and typewriter keys.  I also saw a huge wooden spinning wheel (oh for a bigger house with the perfect corner)

My thrifty nature showed itself today and I realized I won't consider buying anything I don't already have a place for or that is not useful.  So, I came home empty handed. 

Next time I head out alone, I think I'll just go to JoAnns or Michaels.  At least until the summer when I can hit the estate sales and garage sales!  That I'm looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...