Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Paint? Not quite yet

The painter had some problems today with his gear, so the painting isn't done yet.  He plans to finish up tomorrow AND hang my beautiful new lighting I shipped up with our stuff.  Hopefully by tomorrow night, our house will be a little more "together".  By the way, Kristin, you are my hero!  I LOVE the Zircon.  Even not yet finished, it looks fabulous.  My husband even likes it, and he hasn't been on board with the gray idea, AT ALL.  Thank goodness I get to wear the decorating pants, or we'd live in a world of beige and oak (not that either are bad, but only in teeny moderation).

This is what it looked like this morning:

And by tomorrow night, I hope to see this:

Just kidding.  But wouldn't that be nice?

I also spent 4 hours stripping (panicking) and oiling my dining room pew/bench.  I hope to post a tutorial (my first!) tomorrow night.  I think she's looking pretty good.  It was touch and go for a while, and I could have done better, but I'm thankful nothing REALLY bad happened. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like things are coming together nicely! I can't wait to see the finished project! I'm sure you're ready for it to!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...