Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bad schedule

I don't know what it is about being here in OK, but I cannot sleep.  I am super lucky if I'm sleeping by 3am.  I've always been a night owl, but this is ridiculous. 

Example:
Last night the kids were sleeping by 11.  Dave and I watched TV until 1am and we went to bed.  Dave conked out right away (as usual, lucky man) while I read a book until 2:30 and thought I might be tired enough, so I turned off my mini-light...and laid there until 3am.  Then I got back up and read in the dark with my mini-light until 4:30.  I finally fell asleep on the couch at 5.  Ephraim crawled up with me around 7am, so I got up and got a pillow and blanket for us.  Then we slept on the couch until after 10:30.  And I was tired until I finally got up at noon for my coffee and breakfast.

Seriously?  This is ridiculous.  I'm about to resort to sleeping pills.  I don't know if it's where we are or the time change.  I mean, I suppose in Washington, I would have only been up until 3.  Maybe this means by the time we get to AK, the late night would only be 2am.  Maybe my whole body (and not just my brain) is focused on Alaska.

All I know is I'm tired and this is not a very good life for my family.  Gotta wonder if some drugs would help, but I resist using medications unless it's absolutely necessary.  Maybe it's time.  Relaxation sure doesn't seem to help.  Or hopefully I'm so tired I'll pass out by 2 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...