Monday, May 3, 2010

Maybe it's Oklahoma

Or maybe I should say, only in Oklahoma.

I just wanted to share something funny.  We went to a mexican restaurant last night for dinner.  When we came in I noticed they had nice flat screens everywhere.  I mean maybe 9 TV's mounted in different places on the wall in a relatively small restaurant.  The news was on.  I thought, hmmm interesting, kinda like a sports bar, but ok.

Well, halfway through the meal, I hear kids laughing throughout the place.  Then we notice "America's Funniest Videos" is on the TV.  The rest of our dinner was spent listening to kids laugh.  I even got sucked into watching every now and then. 

As we were walking out, I looked at all the tables and almost every person at each table had their bodies turned toward the TV watching AFV and laughing.  It was kind of funny. 

I don't think we'd have seen that in Washington.  People here are friendlier and more jolly.  They also seem to be a lot more on the "fluffy" side (nice way of saying overweight) so I have to wonder if they spend more time watching TV.  I was torn between bemoaning the lack of conversation, and thinking it was cool this one show brought that whole restaurant together.  There were no fussy or bratty kids.  They were too busy laughing at people maiming themselves.  Just had to share the experience.  It was interesting to say the least.

2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't see that here in Northern California either. Usually TVs are reserved for the bar area of restaurants and the sound turned way down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so hilarious. I would have been having too much fun laughing at everyone else laughing at the TV.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...