Sunday, March 7, 2010

Trusting in His plans for me....

Church today was really, really tough for me. I realized we only have about 5 weeks of services left. The classes and teachers the kids love will no longer be a part of our lives.  Reality is tough on the heart.

I spent some time talking with the Lord during the communion time. I told him - "I'm having to leave behind my life here. I'm trying to trust that you have only the best plans designed for us. But you're asking a lot from me God. I don't know how to do this without falling apart." And He reminded me of what He faced in the garden. Of how He begged the Father to "take this cup" from Him. But He was willing to submit to God's Will because of His love for us. I started to feel silly for making such a big deal about it in my head, but He comforted me.  It was lovely.  Though it's not the same thing and is smaller in comparison, I should use the example He set and submit because of my faith in Him and His love for me.

I will take each day as it comes and try not to focus on tomorrow. And I will absolutely rest in who God is. Because He is so much bigger than all of this. He KNOWS it all.  He sees the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...