Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An Anomaly

I've been thinking a lot about my posting the political stuff yesterday.  I question whether or not it's something that belongs on this particular blog.  Is there somewhere else it would be more applicable?  I mean, I started this blog as a journal of my life particularly for myself, but also being aware that a small number of people read what I write.  And a small portion of those may be offended or even bored by my thoughts or observations.  Well, such is life.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to change the way I've been doing things.  This blog is about as random or even deliberate as I am in my own life.  Sometimes I look at myself and try to think of a specific word that would describe me.  But there really isn't a good word.  Except for maybe this one:

Anomaly
1. Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
2. One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify

I am complex.  I am:
Wife
Mother
Daughter of God.  A believer in the Jesus of the Bible
Keeper of my home
Teacher to my children
Friend
Sister
Daughter
Auntie
Political activist
American Patriot

I have many interests that often don't intersect....babywearing, homebirthing, cloth diapering, knitting, sewing, farming, homekeeping, homeschooling, decorating, reading, singing, football, soccer, fitness (even though I'm not in great shape), fashion, shopping, researching, politics...and more that I'm not thinking of.  I like my daily life to be calm and quiet, but also find that I spend an enormous amount of time talking on the phone or hanging out on reading and chatting online.  As much as I like listening to music, the pull of talk radio calls to me more.  In the car, I'm usually listening to Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura, ACLJ on Christian Radio or Dave Ramsey.  At home we watch The O'Reilly Factor, Hannity, Greta and Glenn Beck.  But I also love stupid Hallmark movies, People magazine and my soap operas.  I like current events, celebrities and am fascinated with history.  I read political books, and am just getting into books on the economy, but when I read in bed at night, it's usually Nora Roberts novels that win out.

This is who I am.  Why would I change it?  My posts may seem random.  They may not relate.  But in the end, my blog is a reflection of me, complex and simple, all at the same time.  I think there's some beauty in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...