Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Amazed

I have just spent over 2 hours reading one womans blog.  That would make it almost 4:30am right now.  It's going to be a long day tomorrow.  But I digress....Angie is an amazing person.   Her testimony about the faithfulness and mercy of God is...well, there are no good words for it.  She has taken her relationship with Christ to a level many of us have never really been to.  It's not for lack of the Lord pursuing us, it's because WE don't pursue it with him.  God will prompt, but not force us to be in close communion and relationship with him.  I desire to have what this woman has, but I haven't put the time in.  That's really what it comes down to.

I've often wondered if some of my complacency comes from having grown up in church.  I was saved when I was very young.  I have faith in God and always have.  I've been mildly tested by life and struggles, but have never been really "thru the fire" as Angie has been.  She was saved just 9 or 10 years ago. 

I am so inspired, but also ashamed on the other hand.  I am hurting myself by not pursuing a more intimate relationship with Jesus.  But even more so, those who would come in contact with me that don't know Him.  :(

Just some thoughts I've been having.  Anyway, check out Angie's blog...but you may want to keep some tissue handy.  I've been crying for quite a while now.  Bring on the Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...