Friday, April 3, 2009

How time flies!


Adin turned 8 years old today. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I still remember little details of his babyhood. Specific scenes play back in my head of funny things he used to do...or how he looked when he slept...how he felt in my arms. And now, there is this young boy in that baby's place. He's smart, interesting, silly and kind. There are many words I could use to describe him, since to me Adin is a very complex kid. But those 4 words are accurate and encompass enough, so I'll leave it there. It's interesting to me how I've never been able to picture myself as the Mom of older kids. But I see that I've been able to adjust. I love it, in fact. Because they're mine. Watching them grow and change and interact with us is a gift that I just do my best to enjoy and nurture every day. We celebrated his birthday last night with his 6 cousins, 2 sets of uncles and aunties, and both sets of grandparents. His Daddy and I and the other 3 kiddos were there of course too. It was a busy evening, and the kids had a blast. Adin chose a Batman theme for his party. I got onto Etsy and had a custom outfit made for him. This is him posing in it with his mean Batman face on:

This is as early a pic as I have loaded onto my computer, but here is Adin at 2 years old
Happy Birthday my dear oldest Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...