Saturday, March 9, 2019

Change is coming...

So, it’s a little weird to step away from something and then pop back in like you were never gone. But I have been gone from blogging. For nearly 5 years!  I didn’t intend it, but life happened and blogging was one of the things I just stopped giving my time to. I’ve been focused on homeschooling and raising my kids well. And serving my community and the friends around me. The fact is that I don’t always do any of them well. But I try, and I guess there’s hope in that.

A lot has changed in 5 years.  My kids are growing up. My oldest will be 18 next month!   I have an almost 18 yr old, a 15 yr old, a 13 yr old, an almost 11 year old and a 7 yr old.

We have a dog. Pika is an Airedale lab mix and she’s 3. That super clean house I used to have? It now enjoys dog hair and floors have been licked by a canine (which is much more convenient than I thought it would be). I’m more relaxed in many ways thanks to this crazy girl.


And we own a horse. Sienna is Elsa's horse (my 15 yr old daughter) , but since I pay the bills and do a lot of the care, she’s mine too. She inspired me to learn how to ride and I’m hoping to acquire my own patient (hopefully saintly) horse later this year.   We’ve been boarding our horse at a fantastic barn for 2.5 years now, but will soon be on a little piece of land where they can live too.

The biggest change our family is going through is that we’re moving out of Alaska next month.
 Heading back to Washington state. Our extended family is there and as much as I love the culture and people of Alaska, I’m ready to be in a milder climate.

So, I will be blogging about our home again, and gardening, and horses and beauty. And maybe some homeschooling, cooking and good books.  I’m happy to be back.  Let’s see if I can give this the time it deserves. Facebook just doesn’t inspire the same way blogging does.

See you around!

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...