Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mount St Helens

Yesterday we went up to the Johnson Ridge Observatory at Mount Saint Helens.  It's about a 2 hour drive from here, and it was well worth it.

The beauty is breathtaking and the story of it's 1980 explosion fascinating.  The kids were enthralled the whole time.
 


I was only 2 1/2 years old when the mountain blew, but I remember the aftermath and it's legendary destruction well.  Seeing it as an adult made me appreciate the power of such a volcano, as well as the incredible ability of nature to regenerate.
 


My little family

My sister, Amber and her family

My parents with all 9 of their grandkids
 
 If you ever get a chance to go see Mount St Helens, you really should.  It's awe inspiring.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...