Sunday, September 9, 2012

This and That

Things have been oddly busy around here.  We're trying to get back into the routine of school as well as prepping for winter.  

*****************************
The kids walked down with me to vote in the Alaska primaries

For the last 2 weeks, we've watched both political conventions.  We caught all of the prime time speeches at both the RNC and the DNC as well as many of the ones that weren't during prime time.  

After those were over, I made a list of government words for the older kids to find the definitions for, which led to lots of interesting and complicated conversations (the kind that are usually above my pay grade).  Dictionary time is actually a great car activity we discovered. Adin and Elsa sit together, so it worked out pretty well. 

**********************************
It frosted last night and killed most of my flowers.  Sad yes, but we're making the best of it and trying to embrace the fall/winter weather around here.  It's time for sweaters and candles and a fire going in the stove.  And FOOTBALL, lots of football.
(All pictures were taken with my cell camera, so forgive the quality please)

I'm going to switch the kids' wardrobes from summer to winter stuff this week, so it's going to be busy around here (as usual).  

Lydia got a new little outfit from Old Navy this week since she needed a couple of warmer items.  I love this knit dress!
 

We've been deviating from eating primal just a bit, so I've been making homemade bread.  It's SO good.  We use this for morning toast and sometimes as a simple snack with some jam.  Mmmm.

Elsa is doing great with her riding lessons.  We'll take a break from them for the winter, but I'm just so proud of how well she's doing.

  I'm really enjoying my art class.  I spent a few hours doing elementary shapes until I felt competent enough to tackle trying to make a flower and leaves.  I think I'm making progress!  

I can't wait to pull out the paints in the next couple of days and get going on the real art!  It's been fun to give little art assignments to Isaac and Elsa.  Today I got them some canvases so they can do some painting along with me...they're super excited. 

I'll be back this week with another crafty project, some pics of the kids and I watching the flight training exercises and an AMAZING book review (well, the review won't be amazing, but the book is).   

I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend. 


1 comment:

  1. I still make bread myself not wanting to give it up entirely as it's my favorite food really toast and jam! I have it in the am and sometimes a second slice in the evening. I try to otherwise stick to Primal. I hope I can meet Lydia when we come up! I will call you and maybe meet somewhere would be good as we'll have the dogs along with us. I'll be in FB on the 12th and 13th leaving the 14th for ANC. Nan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...