Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Good Enough

I recently discovered Melody Ross while I was looking around on Blogger.  This post by Melody really struck me.  While I don't struggle with wanting to be popular on Facebook, I can feel similar feelings when it comes to blogging, and even in my real life as I work at new friendships or acquaintances. 

We all want to be loved and wanted.  We all want others to affirm us and to value what we bring to the table. 

We look at that woman on the other side of the room (or blog) that people are drawn to and wonder why that's not us.  I see those dynamic people at church, on Facebook, on the blogs...in every area of interest that I have; Childbirth, Breastfeeding, Parenting, Christianity, Decorating, Crafting...take your pick.

We wish that we could be in her circle, or to have our own special circle.  It feeds our insecurities and inadequacies.  We wonder how we can get there, or why can't we be like that? 

But we are all so different!

And that's GOOD!


Last night while I was doing the homework on my current Bible Study, I was drawn to a verse in Galations that Paul wrote:
"As for those who seemed to be important - whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance-- those men add nothing to my message"  Galations 2:6

The context is one that I won't go into overly much, but in a nutshell...Paul knew God had called him for a specific purpose.  Whether or not the leaders of the early church were endorsing him didn't matter (even though they were supporting him).  His mission was his misson.  Period.

I was struck by the similarities to what he was experiencing and wrote about even back in the first century!  Humans don't change too much do they?

We are not all called to be the same.  We're not the same.  Some of us are loud and expressive.  Some are quiet and watchful.   Some are in between.  It creates a wonderful dynamic that, when embraced, helps us all to be better...to do better.  Even while trying our best, we should not attempt to live up to anyone else's standard.  I love the saying up above "Just do your best, it will be enough" 

I am me.  That is enough.

I'm ruminating on all this right now, though I'm not exactly sure how it applies to my life.  I will not discount God's impressions on my heart in any case, so I don't think this is the last you'll hear from me on this subject ♥ 

Miranda

2 comments:

  1. Great post Miranda and so true! Hope you are doing well! It was great tyo hear from you :-)

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your two blogs rolled in to one - I get to see a whole other side of your life and thinkings. This is a great post. And I am sure it's something that everybody since Eve struggles with!! In fact, funnily enough, I just blogged today about feeling a bit wobbly with my changing pregnant appearance. You're so not alone!!

    But THANK YOU for this great encouragement - if it's good enough for Paul then it's good enough for me!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...