Sunday, November 14, 2010

Guest Room reveal

My parents will be here tomorrow, so I think showing off the guest room is appropriate.  While this room is for guests, it also houses my sewing machine and fabric, my office stuff and printer, and the closet has all the extra decor and frames I haven't used yet.

The room was the builders flat white paint before.  I painted the trim and doors the same as I've done with the rest in the house, Sherwin Williams "Dover White" (Valspar converted).  Due to the radioactive pink in my daughters room, I decided to do something peaceful in the guest room so that the house didn't feel like a cotton candy store.  I chose SW Aria Ivory (Valspar converted)


This little red chair was mine when I was little.  I just love it.

I think it turned out pretty restful and nice.  It's hard to have a printer hanging out in plain sight, but overall I think it worked out well.  On my next post, I'm going to relieve the bedroom and bathroom heavy posts and show off my living and dining area.  I hope you are enjoying seeing my new house!


3 comments:

  1. Very nice I'm sure they will be comfortable. That little red chair. My sister's kids had one of those, so cute, wonder where it went?
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miranda,

    Everything looks wonderful! Warm and welcoming :-)
    Thanks for the sweet comment today, I always enjoy your comments! Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your clock. It's lovely.

    This is such a calm room. I bet it's gorgeous to stay in for your guests.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...