Sunday, July 25, 2010

Slow Sunday

I stayed up late reading last night (5:15am?) and slept 'til noon.  I felt bad, but my husband just smiled (I love him!).  A shower, some breakfast and now checking my email.

I still haven't heard back from the clock lady.  Not sure if she's going to flake or if she's still working on the shipping charges.  I hope I hear back from her, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll share a couple more things my sister got for me for the house.  There is an awesome lady in my hometown that does vintage transfers onto drop cloth pillows.  Amber (my sis) got me two pillows and I've ordered 7 more (need I say that her prices are great?) and she's also going to monogram my 3 slipcovered Ikea chairs.  I'm so excited!

Here are the two pillows she got me

And an awesome lamp done in patriotic style (what would it look like whitewashed?)


My cute new clock (just in case I can't get my dream gustavian clock)

And all of them together

I've been working on streamlining my style to be more cottage looking, but I'm so drawn to things that are black and hint of early american style that those things are sneaking back into my storage unit.  I hope I can integrate it all so it's cohesive.  If not, I suppose I'll be once again thankful for Craigslist. :)

 

5 comments:

  1. Aw. I was so looking forward to another room staging outside your storage unit. :) Your sister is so sweet to buy you all of these lovely things. I love those drop cloth pillows especially. My automatic default is to picture everything in white but they are beautiful as is. Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday and leaving your sweet, encouraging comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pillows & I love all the other suff too....white sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great and great together. I epecially like the lamp shade!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...