Monday, May 31, 2010

Meeting good friends!

We met up with some very special old friends this weekend.  It's been 7 years since we've seen them.

Tom was in pilot training with Dave back in 2001.  We trained in Mississippi and Oklahoma together.  I was a new Mom to a 6 month old, away from home for the first time with no friends and a basically absent husband.  I became friends with Joy about 6 months into training and it was my saving grace.  We pretty much spent every day either together or on the phone.  Her experience as a military spouse was incredibly helpful to me.  She knew how to be supportive and independent for her husband, as well as how to not exclude him from the daily life as can sometimes happen when there's a spouse that is often away from home.  Joy was a fabulous friend and I've always been thankful that God put her into my life.

We each had 1 kid in MS, and by the time we left OK in 2003, Joy had another little boy and I was pregnant with Elsa.  We now have 8 kids between us and really wanted to spend some more time together while we are in this area.

Since they're only about 10 hours away from us here, we decided to meet in the middle for Memorial day weekend.  We had a great time.  I'm working on getting all the pics together.  I'm hoping to post them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...